February may be the start of the Forerunners ministry year, but it has been full steam ahead for me since the end of 2018, ministering in Tonga early December, Wellington and Palmerston North mid-December then New Wine in Kapiti mid-January…whew! I was also working through the holidays and enjoying our lovely 6mth old nephew from Melbourne (who apparently is heavier than Raj and Harshala’s 2 yr. old nephew).
A new year frequently starts with prophetic words encouraging us that this will be the year we will get an upgrade on our faith, strength, anointing and resources. I am so glad that God is GOOD ALL THE TIME! Not just at the start of the year or a new season.
2018 ended on a high for me as I experienced a shift in my prophetic gift in Tonga. The Holy Spirit activated the gift of Word of Knowledge with such accuracy that I was often astounded by the words I was speaking.
God is good all the time
not just at the start of a new year or a new season
One lady stood up and before she said anything, I knew from the Lord that she had a sickness in her stomach. It was the same sickness that her mother died from. I also knew that she wasn’t receiving healing because she had hoarded her mother’s belongings into a glory box in her room where she cried every night for her. Through an interpreter, the lady confirmed that her mother died last year from the same condition she has. She also confirmed that she does have her mother’s belongings in her room, and she cries for her every night.
We prayed for her healing and encouraged her to give her mother’s belongings away. She returned to testify to her healing and that she had finally given away her mother's things.
I left Tonga on a high. Filled with faith and expectancy to see more healing, deliverance, restoration, signs and miracles.
I thought maybe the anointing was just for Tonga. I did not want things to return to normal when I got back to NZ. I prayed that the Lord would use me in NZ just like he did in Tonga.
At New Wine, our assignment for 4 days was personal prophetic prayer sessions with church pastors and leaders. Nauma and I were continuously overawed by God’s love for His people as he continued to wow them (and us) through sharp words of knowledge.
1. You will never run out of anointing, strength, resources, faith etc. God is not poor.
2. The quality of your life, anointing, strength, resources and faith will not diminish with time. God does not diminish in us.
3. Your best is yet to come. God is generous and generational.
We find Jesus turning the water into wine at a wedding in John 2. Stop worrying about your ministry, job or life, thinking that you might run out of knowledge to impress your boss, energy to engage your audience or faith to move the mountains.
· Mary knew that if her son was there, she didn’t have to worry about running out of wine. She may not have known how he was going to do it, but she knew that he was able to do it.
In the world
· Strength, beauty and charisma are favourable qualities often attributed to the young
· You start strong and hard & slow down as you continue
· You pull out your best at the start and make do with whatever is left at the end
· You must be faster, sharper and better than others.
God is not poor.
God does not diminish in us.
God is generous & generational
In the Kingdom
· Even the youth get tired and weak but those who wait on the Lord shall run and not grow weary. Actually, they will fly. Isaiah 40
· In their old age, the righteous will still: flourish, be fruitful, stay green and fresh. Psalm 92
· Jesus brought out the best wine at the end so, in the kingdom, you get stronger, better, richer, wiser, healthier etc as you go. This isn’t just for you, this includes the generation after you. Haggai 2:9
I believe that in this season, you will:
· Run faster and further than you have ever run before. I Kings 18:44-46
· See and understand unsearchable things. Jeremiah 33:3
· And you will walk in unimaginable favour. Ephesians 3:20
· Christ in us enables us to be faster, sharper and better than we ever thought possible.
Be encouraged – Jesus is still working in you. The best is still being poured out of you.
The wine isn’t just new…it’s top quality!
Go for it!